After being interviewed on Chicks On Bikes Radio (a monthly podcast) this last week, I also found Diane Lees “The Outspoken Cyclist” podcast based out of Ohio. Curious, I decided to look into who does regular cycling themed podcasts & was surprised to see that pretty much everyone but me is already totally into that stuff. Whoops.
Presenting a mini-directory of cycling podcasts by subject niche. Check them out & let us know in the comments if there are any that you love.
Note that podcasts are a strange phenomenon. Some have a million amazing episodes that you can easily download onto an ipod, others are odd files that can only be accessed via a particular website or player. Some may be just starting, or had a great run but were abandoned a few years back. I’ve tried to link to itunes (or at least the episodes talking about something really interesting, like bikes + ladies).
- Chicks On Bikes Radio Based in CA. Celebrating women and cycling. Through storytelling we empower more people to enjoy life on a bike.
- The Outspoken Cyclist Based in Ohio. Interviews, news, and chat with my engineer Greg Priddy. My shop fits, designs, and builds custom bicycles.
- Terry BikeCast We cover fitness, fit, trends, how-to’s and look at cycling from a woman’s perspective.
- Bike Fix: Look, Listen & Feel Based in Canada. KT Misener tells you how to look and listen to your bike, so you know when it needs maintenance.
- Bike Shop Girl Based in Georgia. Striving to help every woman out there more comfortable and safe on their bicycle.
- KBOO Bike Show -Based out of Portland. Ayleen Crotty and Sara Stout host.
(Ok, this is a little strange to me. After all, I live in NYC and can enjoy a live Soul Cycle or FlyWheel class with a big group all in time to a killer studio stereo system and the best instructors on earth. But if you don’t have that kind of access I can see that these free podcasts could be the next best thing.)
- Podcast Directory Based in Oakland, CA. has individual shows with the workout content described on each download.
- The Sufferfest Videopodcast indoor cycling workouts, based on great workouts, music and classic bike racing footage
SORTA GENDER NEUTRAL, OR MALE FOCUSED.
- The Bike Podcast Based in London, project of The Guardian. Monthly & awesome.
- The FredCast Devoted to recreational and endurance cyclists: news, gear reviews, ride reviews, features, interviews and PodSafe cycling music.
- The Bike Show Based in London. Devoted to the art, science, politics and transcendental pleasure of cycling, in London and beyond.
- Two Johns Racing, bike repair, components they want but can’t afford, training techniques, and what’s going on in the epicenter(s) of the cycling world.
- Spokesmen Cycling Roundtable Discussion of all of the issues and events surrounding the world of cycling. It features well-known producers and hosts.
- The Bikescape podcast -Based out of San Francisco. Commentary and interviews about bikes and bike culture.
- CrankMyChain! Cycle TV Based out of PDX. Document psycho bike niches, bike music videos, review parts and accessories, and advocacy.
- VeloReviews In-depth product reviews, interviews of important and interesting bike industry companies, personalities and celebrities.
- Cycling 360′ Expertise in cycling fitness, technology, coaching nutrition and many other cycling related topics.
- Bicycle Radio A weekly radio show and website that supports the participation of cycling activities and events.
- Bike To Work (podcast reading of the book)
- ABillionBikes.TV -Based out of Copenhagen. Bicycling Lifestyles Around the World
- Velo Cast Published weekly. The show covers urban cycling, pro road racing news, mountain biking and details of new developments.
- cdmCyclist Interviews with bike safety advocates from around the world.
- Travelling Two Bicycle Touring around the world.