After 8 or 8:30pm head over to the East River Bar’s outdoor patio for DIY manicures, drinks & hangin’ out. There’s even likely to be some grilling going on. Super chill way to learn about your bike, meet some awesome ladies, get fancy and start Bike Month off right!
In Other #BikeNYC News:
Tomorrow @RedLantern Bikes in Brooklyn, Streetfilms will be showing films, getting everyone amped for bike share and enjoying the cafe and event space that makes Red Lantern so much fun.
- The corporate sponsor for Bike Share has been announced. Surprise, it’s Citi Bank = @CitiBikeNYC
- The pricing structure for Bike Share has been announced. –And widely criticized.
- BikeNYC.org launched April 30 to serve as a one-stop calendar for all Bike Events in NYC, plus deals and curated content.
- The New Amsterdam Bike Show finished it’s 2nd year and the 5Boro Bike Tour launched it’s first Bike Expo, both open to the public and featuring everything from custom bike builders, to cycling accessories, apparel, charity events and local resources.
- NYC survives another year of 32,000+ 5boro Bike Tour participants roaming the city for a day in a uniquely New York version of what LA has done far better: wide open city streets closed off to other traffic. They call it CicLAvia (and it’s free), happens several times a year and from what I can tell is far less claustrophobic.