Tuesday, July 23, 2013
6:30 – 8pm
4357 Melrose Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90029
Joshua Cohen, (http://losangelesbicycleattorney.com/) will give a bird’s-eye overview of legal and factual issues cyclists need to be familiar with to safely navigate the streets of Los Angeles. This overview includes:
- What is the structure of the legal system?
- What laws govern cycling in Los Angeles?
- How does the legal system protect cyclists?
- How does the legal system not protect cyclists?
- Is it enough to know and follow the law?
- What are the realities confronting cyclists?
- How can cyclists protect themselves from the inadequacies of the legal system?
- Practical considerations to protect yourself.
Followed by Q&A